- cross-posted to:
- canada@lemmy.ca
- cross-posted to:
- canada@lemmy.ca
Trump launched the new initiative at the World Economic Forum earlier this week
U.S. President Donald Trump said late Thursday that he is withdrawing an invitation for Prime Minister Mark Carney to join his “Board of Peace” initiative for Gaza.
Trump launched the new initiative at the World Economic Forum, in Davos, Switzerland. Its stated aim is to rebuild the war-ravaged territory.
Some 35 countries have signed up to join the board, but Carney had not yet said if Canada would accept Trump’s invitation. The prime minister was not at the official launch in Davos and instead was attending the first day of a cabinet retreat in Quebec City.


Sounds like he clearly cares more about his ego than international peace, no?
A world leader being so obviously childishly petty with serious international matters that shamefully embarrasses their country on the world stage and damages their relationships with other nations will blow up in their face big time.
Maybe his party will vote him out and replace him this month, to save face and avoid prolonging a scandal? That’s how it’d go in the UK, at least.
…Can he outlast a lettuce?
Lol, he’s a dictator with a chokehold on his party. We’re so far beyond normal democratic politics that we’ve reached the same stage as Germany in the 1930s. The only thing stopping Trump from invading Greenland is preparation and bigger conflicts that might distract him. It’ll probably happen by the end of the year tbh